Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations (IR(ME)R) Update Short course
Regular IR(Me)R update training is a requirement of continued registration with the General Dental Council. On this short course, which is relevant to all registered dental care professionals, you'll meet the requirement of the IR(ME)R 2000 for the continuing training of all members of the dental team. The course takes the form of a lecture, with an emphasis on clinical content.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 5 hours, 9.30am - 4.00pm
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: 08 March 2019
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- Properties of ionising radiation, and the hazards associated with its use for dental radiography
- The relevance of selection criteria for clinical decisions regarding radiographic imaging overall dose reduction
- Statutory requirements for dental practitioners and DCPs under current UK legislation
- Radiography - revision of X-ray anatomy knowledge and practical interpretation skills
- Development Outcomes: A, C, D
You'll be taught by Ian Hamilton, a registered dentist with a background in radiation protection, and an MSc in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology.