Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London Short course
Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
Please note that this event has been postponed and will NOT take place on the advertised date.
If you've already booked to attend this course, please refer to the email that you should've received from firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
An iconic 1980’s photograph of a hard-hatted Margaret Thatcher operating a digger, documents the PM endorsing a multi-million pound resurrection of the decommissioned Battersea Power Station into the ‘world’s greatest theme park’, a project led by the, then, Alton Towers owner, John Broome. Along with other initiatives to follow, this was to be a victim of the vagaries of economics. Despite close proximity to Central London, lands bordering south of the Thames between Vauxhall and Chelsea bridges, including the power station itself, were destined to languish for several further decades, a hinterland of light industry and semidereliction.
In 2008, the US State Department reached agreement with developer Ballymore, for the acquisition of a site in the Nine Elms Opportunity Area within the borough of Wandsworth, for the establishment of a new Embassy. This proved the catalyst required to spur this stretch of the river, into what many now acknowledge as Europe’s biggest regeneration project. Pass through the area today and you face construction and renewal on all sides.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Start and end dates:
- Location: London
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
This course involves a walking tour of the London districts of Vauxhall, Nine Elms and Battersea.
On this short course you'll get:
- an appreciation of the complexity of urban regeneration
- an understanding of mixed use developments
- an explanation of synergy provided by individual developments to other developments
- the relevance of a sense of space and place in design
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.