London King's Cross Revisited Short course
London Kings Cross Revisited
In 2001, land-owners at King's Cross chose Argent as their development partners in the creation of a new mixed-use neighbourhood complete with its own postcode, N1C. Today, there are homes, offices, cultural venues, shops, restaurants, schools – and a signature destination, the University of the Creative Arts – all reaching completion.
On this short course, you'll get a guided tour of N1C. You'll explore buildings by leading architectural practices such as Allies & Morrison, Wilkinson Eyre and Stanton Williams.
You'll also see the mega-ground-scraper built for Google's HQ, designed by Thomas Heatherwick & Danish group Bjarke Ingels. Heatherwick’s ingenious ‘kissing-roofs’ designer shopping mall, known as Coal Drop, will be completed in 2019.
This course consists of a guided walk and a lecture.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 5 June 2019 - 1.50pm to 5.10pm
- Location: King’s Cross, London - meet in St Pancras main line station at The Meeting – a large statue of an embracing couple situated at the southern end beneath the station clock.
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- An appreciation of the complexity of urban regeneration
- Understanding of mixed use developments
- An explanation of synergy provided by individual developments to other developments
- The relevance of a sense of space and place in design
You'll be taught by David Thompson, a former Magazine Art Editor and now London Blue Badge Tourist Guide and City of London Guide. He lectures in the historic and contemporary History of English Architecture.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day