Looking for Asbestos Short course
Looking for Asbestos
For property professionals, managing asbestos risks is a major concern. There are still many non-domestic buildings containing asbestos, and it poses continuing problems for their maintenance, repair, alteration and redevelopment.
On this short course, you'll cover the issues surrounding asbestos in buildings, and learn about a fundamental part of managing the risk through an asbestos survey.
When you complete the course, you'll be aware of the issues, the most up-to-date procedures and the latest regulations around asbestos management. You'll also be able to understand what to look for when assessing asbestos in buildings, and when to call in a specialist.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 06 March 2019, 1.50pm – 5.10pm
- Location: The Hog’s Back Hotel, Farnham GU10 1EX
- Single booking: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- Background issues
- Use and location of asbestos in buildings
- Classification of types and recognition
- Assessment of risk
- Legislative and regulatory framework
- Current asbestos survey guidelines
- Surveying for asbestos
- High risk buildings
- Managing the register and when to call in a specialist
- Costs and difficulties, removal procedures, practical issues and potential costs
You'll be taught by Graham Dewey, a building surveyor and a health and safety specialist with enormous professional experience. He has specialised in health and safety work for many institutions, including major NHS trusts.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This event is relevant to those with safeguarding responsibilities and open to professionals from various industries including dentistry.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day