Managing Asbestos Risk Short course
Managing Asbestos Risk
For property professionals, managing asbestos risks is a major concern. There are still many non-domestic buildings containing asbestos, and it poses continuing problems for their maintenance, repair, alteration and redevelopment.
On this short course, you'll cover issues such as managing and potentially removing asbestos in buildings, and you'll learn about managing risk using an asbestos survey.
When you complete the course, you'll be aware of the issues, the most up-to-date procedures and the latest regulations around asbestos management. You'll also be able to understand what to look for when assessing asbestos in buildings, and when to call in a specialist.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 13 November 2019, 1.50pm – 5.10pm
- Location: Hog’s Back Hotel, Farnham GU10 1EX
- Single booking: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- use and location of asbestos in buildings
- classification of types and recognition
- assessment of risk
- legislative and regulatory framework
- current asbestos survey guidelines
The surveyors responsibility:
- surveying for asbestos
- high-risk buildings
- managing the register
- when to call in a specialist
Costs and difficulties:
- removal procedures
- practical issues involved in removal
- potential costs
You'll be taught by Graham Dewey, a building surveyor and a health and safety specialist with enormous professional experience. He has specialised in health and safety work for many institutions, including major NHS trusts.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To book onto and pay for this course, please visit our online store.
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.