Managing Medical Emergencies in the Dental Practice Short course
Managing Medical Emergencies in the Dental Practice
All practice staff should receive regular resuscitation training for adults and children. This hands-on course has been designed to meet the annual GDC requirements for CPD in medical emergencies, and follows the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Intermediate Life Support (ILS).
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 2 hours, (5.45pm - 8.00pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: Wednesday 16 October 2019
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll:
- discuss the management of medical emergencies in the dental practice
- describe the use of emergency drugs and equipment available in the dental practice.
- demonstrate the BLS/AED sequence of steps using a manikin in a simulated environment.
- outline the team approach to managing medical emergencies.
You'll be taught by Latha Davda, Dentist and Clinical Director, at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy.
This course is for the whole dental team.