Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace Short course
Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
This mental health and wellbeing awareness short course will highlight the positive effects of proactive and supportive mental health and wellbeing policies in the workplace.
Poor mental health can have a profound effect on the productivity of a business and employers have a responsibility to ensure that the workplace doesn't negatively effect their employees’ mental health. The Institute of Directors reported that in 2015, 127 million hours of work were lost due to mental health related absence.
This course will give you an insight into the effect of work on mental health and the impact of poor mental health in the workplace. It will discuss the range of support and guidance available to employers and discuss ways to promote positive mental health in the workplace.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Start and end dates:
- Location: Potters Heron Hotel, near Romsey SO51 9ZF
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- the scale of the problem and the cost of poor mental health
- the impact of mental health on the workplace
- the effect of work on mental health
- the benefits of managing health and wellbeing
- legal issues, guidance and support
- promoting and managing positive mental health in the workplace
You will be taught by Michelle Juchau, a Chartered member of Institute of Occupational Safety & Health and Programme Leader of the postgraduate Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management courses at the University of Portsmouth.
She has a wealth of experience in the enforcement and practice of health and safety, gained from her time as an HM Inspector of Health and Safety, a Health and Safety Manager within the private sector and now as an academic in the field.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation Update for Surveyors
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height