Professional Liability Short course
Due to recent case law, professional liability remains a concern for property professionals. On this Professional Liability short course, you'll review the legal position of all surveyors and property professionals, both in managing their risk exposure, and dealing with potential liability in disputes.
Ideal for professionals who want to stay alert to liability issues and the changes arising from court decisions, this course will focus on understanding potential pitfalls, and proactive approaches to risk avoidance. It'll also prove invaluable to those interested in taking appointments as expert witnesses in liability-related disputes.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 07 November, 9.20am – 12.40pm
- Location: The Potters Heron Hotel, nr. Romsey SO51 9ZF
- Single booking: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- a refresher on principles of liability
- the duty of the property professional
- liability for valuation in unstable markets
- the role of expert evidence: ‘the margin of error’
- relevant recent case law
You'll be taught by Professor Anthony Lavers, who has pursued a career in higher education and legal practice, maintaining connections with surveying and the RICS. He has worked at Portsmouth, Singapore, Cambridge and Oxford Brookes universities and is counsel at the international law firm White and Case.
He is a leading expert in his field and regular CPD speaker in the UK and overseas.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This event is relevant to those with safeguarding responsibilities and open to professionals from various industries including dentistry.
How to book
This course has already been delivered.
To register your interest for future courses, please email email@example.com
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day