Professional Liability: An Update Short course
Professional Liability: An Update
Please note that this event has been postponed and will NOT take place on the advertised date.
If you've already booked to attend this course, please refer to the email that you should've received from firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Due to recent case law, professional liability remains a concern for property professionals. On this Professional Liability short course, you'll review the legal position of all surveyors and property professionals, both in managing their risk exposure, and dealing with potential liability in disputes.
Ideal for professionals who want to stay alert to liability issues and the changes arising from court decisions, this course will focus on understanding potential pitfalls, and proactive approaches to risk avoidance. It'll also prove invaluable to those interested in taking appointments as expert witnesses in liability-related disputes.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 18 March 2020, 9.20am to 12.40pm
- Location: Hog’s Back Hotel, Farnham GU10 1EX
- Single booking: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- a refresher on principles of liability
- the duty of the property professional
- liability for valuation in unstable markets
- the role of expert evidence: ‘the margin of error’
- relevant recent case law
You'll be taught by Professor Anthony Lavers, who has pursued a career in higher education and legal practice, maintaining connections with surveying and the RICS. He has worked at Portsmouth, Singapore, Cambridge and Oxford Brookes universities and is counsel at the international law firm White and Case.
He is a leading expert in his field and regular CPD speaker in the UK and overseas.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.