Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults (Level 2) Short course
Safeguarding Children Young People and Vulnerable Adults
Staff who work with children and adults should receive appropriate safeguarding training every 3 years as a minimum. On this course, you'll meet statutory safeguarding requirements – and as safeguarding is a GDC recommended topic, it will also contribute to the hours requirement of verifiable CPD.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 2 hours, 5.45am - 8.00pm
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: 20 March 2019
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- safeguarding and protection as it applies to children and young people
- the principles of adult safeguarding and who is vulnerable
- the different types of abuse and neglect and the signs that they are happening
- data protection issues relating to information sharing for safeguarding purposes
- Development Outcomes: A, B
You'll be taught by Chris Penney, Senior Lecturer at the School of Health Sciences and Social Care.