Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults (Level 2)
Staff who work with children and adults should receive appropriate safeguarding training every 3 years as a minimum. On this course, you'll meet statutory safeguarding requirements – and as safeguarding is a GDC recommended topic, it will also contribute to the hours requirement of verifiable CPD.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 2 hours, 5.45am - 8.00pm
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: 20 March 2019
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- safeguarding and protection as it applies to children and young people
- the principles of adult safeguarding and who is vulnerable
- the different types of abuse and neglect and the signs that they are happening
- data protection issues relating to information sharing for safeguarding purposes
- Development Outcomes: A, B
You'll be taught by Chris Penney, Senior Lecturer at the School of Health Sciences and Social Care.