Self-assessment of specialist interviews Short course
Self assessment of specialist interviews
If you have experience interviewing vulnerable witnesses – such as children – and you've completed Achieving Best Evidence interviewer training, this course will help you defend your professional practice, and ensure you're able to self-evaluate your interview performance.
On this Self-Assessment of Specialist Interviews short course, you'll increase your objectivity, and the usefulness of self-evaluation. Assessing your own abilities on a regular basis can offer the most cost effective and enduring method of tackling the problem of 'skills-fade'.
Typically, a team leader of a local police force would contact the course leader to arrange training.
- Mode of study: Direct - delivered at a location to suit each police service
- Duration: 1 day
- Start and end dates: As arranged
- £1,500, plus travel expenses of the trainer
What you'll experience
On this short course, we will:
- Introduce self-assessment of interviews as a valuable tool for continuing professional development
- Train participants to use the Interviewer’s Self-Assessment Form (ISAF) to help structure their self-assessments
- Facilitate participants’ consideration of their interviewing practice by highlighting strengths and also areas for development
All training materials including interviewer self-assessment forms, a guidance booklet, and stationery.