Statistics for Non-Statisticians Short course
Statistics for Non-Statisticians
This course provides a refresher on how to collect, appraise and analyse data to form statistics. No prior knowledge of this area of mathematics is required.
On this short course, you'll develop skills in the analysis of data and learn to constructively assess statistics.
You'll be able to analyse statistics presented to you in the workplace, and property statistics will be presented for background discussion.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 13 March 2019 - 1.50pm to 5.10pm
- Location: Hockley Golf Club, Twyford SO21 1PL
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- Statistics and data
- Correlation and regression
You'll be taught by Fiona Message, a Senior Lecturer in the Learning at Work Department at the University of Portsmouth. Fiona has taught Mathematics and Statistics at every level from GCSE to degree. Fiona is also a highly skilled tutor in this subject area.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This event is relevant to those with safeguarding responsibilities and open to professionals from various industries including dentistry.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day