Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues Short course
Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
This course took place recently and is not currently scheduled to take place again.
To register your interest in future courses, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damage resulting from movement caused by subsidence and settlement remains one of the principal problems affecting buildings but it is commonly misunderstood. There is a long history of misdiagnosis and of the implementation of excessive and/or inappropriate remediation works.
As a property professional, you’ll need to be able to diagnose the cause, or causes, of defects, make judgements as to whether corrective action is necessary or desirable, including with respect to previous action, and understand best current remediation practice.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: To be announced
- Location: To be announced
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- subsidence and settlement
- definition and insurance
- external causes of movement
- inherent weaknesses in buildings
- measurement and monitoring
- remediation techniques and their consequences
- current approaches
- case studies
You'll be taught by Maciek Kawecki, the Principal of Subsidence Management Ltd, one of the leading specialist practices in the UK. He is an accredited Expert Witness of the Law Society in matters relating to subsidence, heave and landslip and tree root nuisance. He has previously worked as a loss adjuster and as a university lecturer in Western Australia.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.