The CDM Regulations: An Update Short course
The CDM Regulations An Update
A confident understanding of the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations – and the ability to recognise how they affect your projects – is vital to any property professional.
Having been in existence since 1995 – and in their current form since 2015 – there's been a great deal of experience of their operation in practice.
On this short course, you'll benefit from that experience. The original code of practice has been changed and downgraded to guidance, and it's been amended to include domestic clients. This has significant implications, such as to the role of the CDM Coordinator.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 31 October 2018 - 9.20am to 12.40pm
- Location: The Hog’s Back Hotel, Farnham GU10 1EX
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- Overview of the current CDM regulations
- Purpose and significance
- Application to non-notifiable and notifiable projects
- Duties and responsibilities of clients, designers, CDM coordinators, principal contractors and contractors
- Information requirements
- The EU Temporary or Mobile Construction Sites Directive
- Implications of alignment
You'll be taught by Graham Dewey, a building surveyor and a health and safety specialist with enormous professional experience. He has specialised in health and safety work for many institutions, including major NHS trusts.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This event is relevant to those with safeguarding responsibilities and open to professionals from various industries including dentistry.
How to book
This course has already been delivered.
To register your interest for future courses, please email email@example.com
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day