The Planning System in 2019 Short course
The Planning System in 2019
Planning is characterised by continuous change in legislation, procedures, practice and case law and practitioners can struggle to keep up-to-date with it all.
This short course meets the need for a concise and accessible update. You'll examine the implementation of legislation and the effects on practice of the seemingly endless flow of new statutory instruments and changes to government policies, set out in National Planning Practice Guidance and the National Planning Policy Framework.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 27 March 2019 - 9.20am to 12.40pm
- Location: The Hog’s Back Hotel, Farnham GU10 1EX
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- Recent political changes and emerging issues
- Main planning provisions of amending legislation
- The National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Changes to statutory instruments: use classes; permitted development; and development management procedure
- Planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy
- Key cases
- What does the future hold?
You'll be taught by Bernard Webster, a Visiting Lecturer in the School of Civil Engineering and Surveying at the University of Portsmouth.
He qualified as a planner in 1970 and since 1973 has worked in surveying higher education, including delivering more than 250 CPD sessions on planning topics.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day