Thermal Imaging Building Surveys Short course
Thermal Imaging Building Surverys
This course provides an introduction to new building thermographic survey and image analysis techniques, developed to evaluate the extent and severity of thermal anomalies in new and refurbished buildings.
The course is delivered by iRed Remote Sensing, a company providing specialist ground and aerial surveys, and an approved ABBE assessment centre that also delivers PCN-certified in-house training.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: Not currently scheduled
- Location: To be announced
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- Infrared thermography
- Residential infrared surveys & HQM
- Commercial infrared surveys & BREEAM
- Typical building thermal anomalies
- Human factors & thermal comfort
- Quantitative analysis.
- Categorising thermal anomalies
- Thermographer competence
You'll be taught by:
- Ray Faulkner, the Managing Director of iRed Ltd, a company set up in 2002 before thermography was accepted as a mainstream inspection tool. Ray currently sits on the BINDT Working Group that oversees the PCN certification scheme and the BSI working group for ISO Standards involving thermography.
- Bruce Arnold CEng, FIMechE, MCIBSE, the thermographer and a senior trainer at iRed. He is a chartered engineer and immediate past-chairman of the IMechE’s Construction and Building Services Division. Bruce conducts thermographic building surveys on behalf of iRed specialising in residential investigative and dispute resolution projects.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
This course has already been delivered.
To register your interest for future courses, please email email@example.com
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.