Thermal Imaging Building Surveys Short course
Thermal Imaging Building Surverys
This course provides an introduction to new building thermographic survey and image analysis techniques, developed to evaluate the extent and severity of thermal anomalies in new and refurbished buildings.
The course is delivered by iRed Remote Sensing, a company providing specialist ground and aerial surveys, and an approved ABBE assessment centre that also delivers PCN-certified in-house training.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 20 March 2019 - 1.50pm to 5.10pm
- Location: Hockley Golf Club, Twyford SO21 1PL
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- Infrared thermography
- Residential infrared surveys & HQM
- Commercial infrared surveys & BREEAM
- Typical building thermal anomalies
- Human factors & thermal comfort
- Quantitative analysis.
- Categorising thermal anomalies
- Thermographer competence
You'll be taught by:
- Ray Faulkner, the Managing Director of iRed Ltd, a company set up in 2002 before thermography was accepted as a mainstream inspection tool. Ray currently sits on the BINDT Working Group that oversees the PCN certification scheme and the BSI working group for ISO Standards involving thermography.
- Bruce Arnold CEng, FIMechE, MCIBSE, the thermographer and a senior trainer at iRed. He is a chartered engineer and immediate past-chairman of the IMechE’s Construction and Building Services Division. Bruce conducts thermographic building surveys on behalf of iRed specialising in residential investigative and dispute resolution projects.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This event is relevant to those with safeguarding responsibilities and open to professionals from various industries including dentistry.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day