Understanding Current Practice in Building Services Short course
Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
The choice of building services is always changing, with new regulations and evolving expectations of occupiers.
On this short course, you'll deal with trends on a need-to-know basis, with a focus on the significance to property owners, occupiers and professionals. You'll unpack SBEM and SAP calculations, the bearing they have on heating and ventilation systems, together with new approaches to lighting.
The choices of available systems will be considered, along with new technologies currently available for use in new buildings and retrofit. The pitfalls and shortcomings of systems will be explored, and simple steps to recognise and identify many of the systems and features will be discussed.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 5 December - 9.20am to 12.40pm
- Location: Hockley Golf Club, Twyford SO21 1PL
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- The impact of innovation and new regulations on: heating, ventilation including mechanical and natural ventilation systems, hot water systems, lighting technologies, comfort cooling and air conditioning
- The impact of new technologies on initial design and their potential for retrofitting
- Limitations on applicability and problems in practice
- SBEM and SAP
- Recognising what you find, with examples of not so common systems from records of surveys
You'll be taught by Jeff Ware and David Baldrey, who work for ITD Consultants Ltd, a long established consultancy, specialising in all forms of electrical and mechanical aspects of the building services and construction industry.
Their work includes: design and specification; surveying; feasibility studies; inspections; valuations; reports and recommendations.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
This course has already been delivered.
To register your interest for future courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in the following courses:
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day