Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues (Kew Royal Botanic Gardens) Short course
Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
Please note that this event has been postponed and will NOT take place on the advertised date.
If you've already booked to attend this course, please refer to the email that you should've received from firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Trees can be aesthetically-pleasing and good for the environment - but they can also cause concern for property owners and surveyors. On this short course taking place at Kew Royal Botanic Gardens, you'll explore the conditions that give rise to tree problems, examine situations where tree damage occurs, and review case law relating to both their damage, and an owner's duty of care.
Most importantly, the course includes a tour of trees, looking at various species and the common problems they pose.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 13 May 2020, 1.50pm to 5.10pm
- Location: Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew TW9 3AB
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- Soil conditions and subsidence
- Circumstances in which tree related damage occurs
- BS 5837:2012 ‘Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction – recommendations’
- Liability and key cases: tree related damage; the owners duty of care
- Tour of trees covers identification, suitability for use in the built environment, and problems and the management of risk
Tony Kirkham is Head of Arboretum at Kew but is better known as the presenter of the BBC2 programmes A Year at Kew and The Trees that Made Britain. He holds the RHS award of Associate of Honour for services to horticulture.
Martin Dobson is the principal of Martin Dobson Associates. He deals with planning and TPO applications and appeals, subsidence investigations, tree surveys and tree hazard assessments together with providing an Expert Witness service.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.