Usability and User Experience Short Course
Usability and User Experience
With more than 50% of audiences using mobile devices to access the Web, more and more website owners are developing mobile-first strategies for design, layout and content.
This course will go through Nielson’s usability heuristics, colour theory, navigation, website behaviour and a number of different usability elements so you will be able to critique your website with an understanding of the research conducted in this area.
In this practical workshop we will apply the theories learned in order to critique a number of different websites so we can understand which elements work from a usability perspective and which do not.
This course is suitable for:
- corporate organisations
- line managers
- mentors and coaches
- employees who want to develop their career
- Mode of study: Webinar
- Duration: 6 hours
Date and time
- To be arranged
You'll receive instructions on how to join the webinar by email once your booking and payment has been processed.
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll:
- learn about usability heuristics and how we can apply them to website design
- understand consumer behaviour online and how our customers are likely to navigate your website
- learn about colour theory and apply that into our own marketing creative
- understand how to critique websites and provide recommendations for improvements to be made
He’s worked in digital marketing for the past 9 years, taught and consulted for 5 years, and previously ran his own digital marketing agency. He has a PhD in Web Science and Innovation from the University of Southampton and has published papers in various conference proceedings including at the World Wide Web conference in Seoul, South Korea.
There are no entry requirements for this course.