Valuation: Update for Surveyors Short course
Valuation: Update for Surveyors
As a valuer, clients rely on you to provide credible high quality valuation reports in accordance with the RICS Valuation - Global Standards, the ‘Red Book’. There have been a number of updates to the Red Book in recent years, including incorporation of amendments to the International Valuation Standards.
On this course you'll gain a comprehensive overview of the current edition of the Red Book and explore some commonly asked valuation questions. Strict adherence to RICS guidance is key to ensuring that consistent and transparent valuation advice is given. In addition to covering mandatory valuation requirements, this course will provide an overview of current RICS guidance available to valuers and discuss its application. Valuation methods, approaches and the common limitations of each in assessing Market Value are also considered.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Start and end dates:
- Location: Hockley Golf Club, Twyford SO21 1PL
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- the context of the Global Red Book, UK supplement and relationship with International Valuation Standards
- the contents of the UK Red Book and application of minimum requirements including terms of engagement and reporting
- valuation guidance and application
- valuation approaches and methods including common limitations
You'll be taught be Georgina Bryant, a lecturer in valuation responsible for teaching global property valuation to undergraduate students at the University of Portsmouth.
Georgina worked as an Associate at Savills UK Ltd - a global real estate services provider where she specialised in loan security valuation, development viability and strategic land agency.
Georgina was also an active member of the Savills National Community Infrastructure Levy team and a member of the RICS and a Registered Valuer. She is also an Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) assessor on behalf of the RICS.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation Update for Surveyors
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height