Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements Short course
Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
Structural waterproofing is a term that describes methods used to prevent groundwater entering building structures that are below ground.
Waterproofing is required when a new underground structure is created, or an existing basement is refurbished – and waterproofing and drainage are particularly important where groundwater is likely to build up in the soil and exert hydrostatic pressure (ground water under pressure) on the walls and floors of the basement.
On this short course, you'll explore all types of structural waterproofing systems: British Standard BS8102: 2009, and the design, planning and installation stages of any structural waterproofing projects below ground.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 27 February 2019 - 9.20am to 12.40pm
- Location: Hog’s Back Hotel, Farnham GU10 1EX
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- Understanding Structural Waterproofing
- BS8102: 2009 “Code of practice for protection of below ground structures against water from the ground”.
- Waterproofing design
- Structural Waterproofing systems
- Methods of Waterproofing and Water management
- Other relevant guidance
You'll be taught by Mike Bromley, a Building Surveyor with over 40 years of experience. Mike retired from the Property Care Association (PCA), in January 2017, where he was Technical Manager from May 2013.
Previously, he was a senior manager for a National Property Care Company, and worked as a specialist surveyor in the property-care industry. He previously worked for the BWPDA (predecessor of PCA) between 1990 and 2007.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
This course has already been delivered.
To register your interest for future courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in the following courses:
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day