Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements Short course
Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
Structural waterproofing is a term that describes methods used to prevent groundwater entering building structures that are below ground.
Waterproofing is required when a new underground structure is created, or an existing basement is refurbished – and waterproofing and drainage are particularly important where groundwater is likely to build up in the soil and exert hydrostatic pressure (ground water under pressure) on the walls and floors of the basement.
On this short course, you'll explore all types of structural waterproofing systems: British Standard BS8102: 2009, and the design, planning and installation stages of any structural waterproofing projects below ground.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 11 March 2020, 1.50pm to 5.10pm
- Location: Hog’s Back Hotel, Farnham GU10 1EX
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- structural waterproofing
- BS8102: 2009 Code of practice for protection of below ground structures against water from the ground
- site risk assessment
- robust waterproofing design
- structural waterproofing systems
- methods of waterproofing and water management
- relevant guidance
You'll be taught by Mike Bromley, a Building Surveyor with over 40 years of experience. Mike retired from the Property Care Association (PCA), in January 2017, where he was Technical Manager from May 2013.
Previously, he was a senior manager for a National Property Care Company, and worked as a specialist surveyor in the property-care industry. He previously worked for the BWPDA (predecessor of PCA) between 1990 and 2007.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation Update for Surveyors
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height