Working at Height Short course
Working at Height
This course took place recently and is not currently scheduled to take place again.
To register your interest in future courses, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at height is common in the construction industry but Health and Safety Executive statistics reveal it to be the most frequent cause of fatal accidents in the workplace in 2018.
The risks can be mitigated by adhering to health and safety legislation that relates to working at height, and by conducting regular risk assessments and adopting safe working practices.
On this course, you will review the legislation and use case studies to discuss the assessment and control of those tasks undertaken at height.
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- key health and safety legislation in relation to working at height (WAH)
- roles and responsibilities of both employers and employees linked to the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- the main hazards (safety and health)
- how to conduct risk assessments
- safe working practices
- types of specialist safety equipment available for WAH
You'll be taught by David Dunford, a professional educator, trainer and registered fire risk assessor who worked in the fire service for 34 years.
He has been actively involved in all aspects of risk management and continues to work in the field of operational incident command, providing training to the fire and ambulance services.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.