Workplace Wellbeing Short course
The health and wellbeing of employees are crucial to a business being productive, profitable and successful.
However, modern businesses face an ever changing workplace and workforce. Internal and external factors can impact on the mental health and wellbeing of staff and it is essential that companies understand these factors and how to manage them proactively.
Mode of study: Face to face
Duration: 6 hours 30 minutes
Start and end dates: Thursday 28 November 2019, 9.30am-4pm
Location: University of Portsmouth, Anglesea Building PO1 3DJ
All day: £250
Half day: £150
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- the role of work on wellbeing and the impact of poor mental health on the workplace
- an introduction of the key issues and the legal responsibilities placed on employers with regards to managing wellbeing in the workplace
- the financial benefits of developing a proactive wellbeing policy
- tools and guidance available to employers to support employees suffering from poor mental health and effective return to work
- strategies and interventions available to employers to support and promote workplace wellbeing
Angela Beattie is a businesswomen and professional speaker. Having initially started her career in business, marketing and lecturing, she has had the opportunity to train people across all sectors, ranging from corporate organisations to education providers, with a focus on building effective teams and thereby increasing productivity. Angela is an expert in psychology, personal development, NLP, holistic therapies and wellbeing.
Michelle Juchau is a chartered member of IOSH and Programme Leader of the postgraduate Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management Courses at the University of Portsmouth. She has a wealth of experience in the enforcement and practice of health and safety, gained from her time as an HM Inspector of Health and Safety, a Health and Safety Manager within the private sector and now as an academic in the field. Michelle is knowledgeable and passionate about the wellbeing of employees within the workplace.
Gavin Lumsden is CEO and Director of Education of Essential Teaching UK where he facilitates teaching and learning practice including project-based learning, coaching for education, flipped learning, 70;20;10 and the sharing of best practice pedagogy. He works with corporate clients to identify and develop their training and CPD requirements and supports them to invest in their workforce building a stronger and more efficient model for the future. Essential Teaching UK can help clients to understand the issues around complex, high-tempo operations by providing suitably qualified and experienced personnel.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To book onto and pay for this course, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.