For courses starting in January 2020, we currently offer 2 bursaries for international students:
- Global Outreach: Access to Learning (GOAL) Awards
- Passport Bursary
Both options give you a 10% fee reduction on your first year of study.
The fee reduction applies to all our courses, as long as the fees are £13,900 or above for 2019 entry (courses beginning in September 2019 or January 2020). Check the specific course page for details.
You don't need to do anything to apply for this bursary. If you're eligible for it, you'll be awarded the discount automatically. Check the list of countries below to see if you're eligible for this award.
If your country doesn't appear on the list, you may still be eligible for a GOAL Award. Contact us to check your eligibility.
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Cote d'Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea Bissau
- Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Timor Leste
You don't need to do anything to apply for this bursary. If you're eligible for it, you'll be awarded the discount automatically. If you're from one of the countries below, you'll be eligible for this award:
- Dominican Republic
- Sri Lanka
Terms and conditions
Both the GOAL Award and the Passport Bursary have the same terms and conditions:
- If you're studying an undergraduate course, you must be a self-funded student on a full-time course with annual fees of £13,900 or above for 2019 entry
- If you're studying on a postgraduate research or postgraduate taught course, you must be a self-funded student ) applicable for courses beginning in September 2019 and January 2020 only)
- Neither award is available for students who have previously studied other courses at the University of Portsmouth
- Both bursaries take the form of a 10% fee reduction, effective at the time of registration and will only apply to your first year of study
- The bursaries cannot be combined with any other scholarship, discount or fee offer, except the 2% prompt payment discount for students who pay their fees in full at the start of the academic session
- The discounted fee will be stated on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS). This is the final document you receive when you have an unconditional offer to study at the University of Portsmouth and have paid your deposit.
- Only applicants who have been assessed as overseas students for tuition fee purposes can access this award. Eligibility is determined by nationality.