Gamification of Society
Self-funded PhD students only
Department of Geography
February and October
Applications accepted all year round
- research into the playful design of spaces, technologies, forms of counter-culture politics and activism
- playful ways of building and maintaining community relations
We're particularly interested in research that adopts a qualitative approach to the theme.
- A good first degree from an internationally recognised university (depending on the course, minimum second class or equivalent) or a Master’s degree in an appropriate subject
- Exceptionally, equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications will be considered
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0
- All applicants are subject to interview
Make an enquiry
If you are interested in developing an application for research funding, please contact the supervisor prior to making an application to discuss opportunities.
How to Apply
To make an enquiry about this project, get in touch with the PhD Supervisor for this programme, Dr Tara Woodyer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the project code GEOG1211015 and title.
You can also visit our How to Apply pages to get a better understanding of how the PhD application process works.