Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations (IR(ME)R) Update Short course
Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations (IR(ME)R) Update
This one-day update course meets the requirements of the IR(ME)R 2000 for the continuing training for all members of the dental team. The requirements for verifiable CPD of five hours every five years can be achieved by attending this course, which takes the form of a lecture but with emphasis on clinical content.
The course is designed to be of equal interest to all members of the dental team.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am – 4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: TBC
What you'll experience
On this short course you’ll understand:
- properties of ionising radiation hazards associated with its use for dental radiography
- the relevance of selection criteria to clinical decisions regarding radiographic imaging overall dose reduction
- statutory requirements for dental practitioners and DCPs under current UK legislation
- radiography - revision of x ray anatomy knowledge and practical interpretation skills
You'll be taught by Ian Hamilton, registered Dentist with a background in radiation protection and an MSc in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
If you would like to be notified when a new date is confirmed please email firstname.lastname@example.org