Short courses and CPD
We’re busy redesigning our website and this section is still a work-in-progress – but you can still find all the relevant, up-to-date details using the links below.
- Autistic spectrum conditions: a critical approach – an introductory course to understand the conditions in a variety of contexts
- Atomic Force Microscopy Beginners Course – an introduction to the Nobel Prize-winning microscopy technique
- Boardroom skills for business leaders – for current or aspiring leaders to improve strategic boardroom confidence and capability
- Breast science educational workshops – expand knowledge and understanding of cutting edge research to support bra manufacturers, designers and healthcare professionals
- Clinical exercise science – courses to support practitioners, or those preparing for employment in sports and exercise science
- Courtroom skills for witnesses and legal training and services for businesses, employers and individuals – courses to enable you to keep up-to-date and compliant with law and legal skills
- Dental care – develop knowledge and skills in our specialist Dental Academy training facility
- European Space Agency Accredited Training – electronic assembly and inspection training for space technicians and engineers
- Growing learners - training on mindsets for schools and parents – explore tools and techniques to support children’s expectations and attainment
- Health care – short courses for paramedics, radiographers, student nurse mentors and healthcare practitioners
- Health and care simulation resources and teaching – access to resources and training using contemporary facilities representative of clinical equipment and healthcare environments
- Institute for Printed Circuits (IPC) accredited training – Space Applications Electronic Hardware
- Interviewing of child witnesses and the detection of deception – for those working with children in the legal system
- Land, property and construction – courses for professionals and practitioners in land, property, construction and the built environment (to enquire about this course, contact the CPD team on 023 9284 2942 or email email@example.com)
- Missing Persons – The Centre for the Study of Missing Persons provides an insight into the needs and challenges faced by people who go missing and their relatives
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (Nebosh) courses – develop your knowledge and skills in health, safety, environmental and risk management to promote good health and well-being at work (to enquire about this course, contact the CPD team on 023 9284 2942 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Practice Education in Social Work – develop skills essential for Practice Educators to support learners in the social work practice environment
- Radiation Protection update – updates on the new radiation protection legislation while considering how this may affect your clinical practice
- Self-assessment of specialist interviews – for police officers who have undergone Achieving Best Evidence interviewer training and who regularly interview vulnerable victims and witnesses
- Sport and Exercise Science – fitness and exercise courses for a range of environments and medical conditions
- Sports Coaching Programme courses – coaching courses, workshops and officiating courses
- Supervision and Mentoring in Social Work – provides HCPC registered social workers with the necessary skills and knowledge to support students on their first (70 day) practice learning experience (PEPs stage 1)
- Supporting people with autism into employment – specialist training to professionals from employment agencies, local authorities and charitable organisations to enable them to support autistic adults in employment
- Working with victims of crime: theory, policy and professional practice – gain insight into the difficulties and challenges presented to people who become victims of crime
We offer many of our courses as individual units, allowing you to choose from a range of titles and, if required, build up credit over time to work towards a University certificate or award.
We currently only offer custom-made training for organisations.
I left school at 15, so was slightly nervous at the thought of studying again, but the course has made me realise how much experience I already have. I have been taught so much that I can bring to my job.