This course is for dental hygienists and therapists who would like to expand their knowledge and develop their skills by providing tooth whitening for patients, focusing on both at-home and in-surgery techniques.
The course combines theory with practice, in line with GDC Scope of Practice, and follows the European and UK legislation concerning tooth whitening products.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am–4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: 11 March 2022 and 15 July 2022
What You'll Experience
On this short course you'll:
- List the components that form a comprehensive examination prior to tooth whitening
- Discuss how tooth whitening works
- Design a suitable prescription template and quick reference sheet
- Explain the types of tooth whitening treatments available and recommend the most appropriate treatment
- Clarify the answers to patient’s questions
- Demonstrate a safe and effective method for taking alginate impressions
- Apply home whitening gel safely into the patient’s trays.
- Perform in-surgery isolation safely
- Development Outcomes: A, B, C, D
You'll be taught by Diane Rochford RDH, BSc (Hons), who qualified as a dental hygienist at Guy's (London), in March 1996. Joining Dr Linda Greenwalls' team in September 1996, Diane works as an extended duties dental hygienist in the practice.
This course is for dental hygienists and therapists.
How to Book
Get in Touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.