Coronavirus testing for students
Covid information for students
To keep the campus as safe as possible, we are offering two types of testing for our students.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus you can book a test with the NHS on campus to see if you are carrying the virus.
If you don't have symptoms of coronavirus you can book a test through the University.
If you test positive you'll be given instructions by NHS Test and Trace and you must tell the University by informing:
We encourage you to participate in this free voluntary testing so that we can monitor the virus at our University, and keep each other safe.
If you don't have coronavirus symptoms
If you don't have any symptoms you can be tested voluntarily for free as part of the University's screening programme. There's also more information on travel and testing available.
Book your testFree asymptomatic tests are available at the University's test site. This testing is only for students who don’t have symptoms, but who could still be infectious and pass the virus to others. If you have symptoms please instead book a test through the NHS portal.
To book a test:
- Book two tests three days apart before restarting face-to-face teaching or using University facilities such as the Library.
- Complete the online consent form you receive by email. You will need to be logged into your university Google account to access this form.
- Read more about what to do at the testing site and what to do afterwards.
Face coverings are mandatory except for accompanying babies and toddlers. If you're medically exempt from wearing a face covering, you can book an alternative test through the Government portal.
- Wed 20 January
- Thu 21 January
- Fri 22 January
- Mon 25 January
- Tue 26 January
- Wed 27 January
- Thu 28 January
- Fri 29 January
- Mon 1 February
- Tue 2 February
- Wed 3 February
- Thu 4 February
- Fri 5 February
- Mon 8 February
- Tue 9 February
- Wed 10 February
- Thu 11 February
- Fri 12 February
- Mon 15 February
- Tue 16 February
- Wed 17 February
- Thu 18 February
- Fri 19 February
- Mon 22 February
- Tue 23 February
- Wed 24 February
- Thu 25 February
- Fri 26 February
- Mon 1 March
- Tue 2 March
- Wed 3 March
- Thu 4 March
- Fri 5 March
If you have coronavirus symptoms
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, book your test through the Government's national booking portal to one of a network of testing sites including the facility at Eldon car park. This is run in partnership with the Government and Portsmouth City Council. Please be aware that availability may be limited at times as the national system deals with increased demand, and any changes in Government testing policy will affect this system.
Face coverings are mandatory at this facility except for babies and toddlers. If you are medically exempt from wearing a face covering, you can book an alternative test through the government portal below.
- Book an appointment through the Government's national booking portal
- Arrive at the facility at the correct time, and administer the swab test yourself. Follow the instructions provided.
- Test results will be sent by text or email.
- If you test positive you'll automatically be entered into the NHS test and trace system. You must also inform your MyPort Hub, Personal Tutor and the University's central COVID team using this Covid Report Form.