Find the right course for you
Learn more about the Law courses we offer
Law touches almost every aspect of society, including business, politics, human rights, global trade, international relations, personal transactions and family relationships – so a degree in law is always relevant.
As a Law student, you'll tackle pressing ethical and legal issues facing society. A Law degree is the first step to a career in the legal sector and can prepare you for further training as a barrister or solicitor.
The knowledge, experience and skills you'll learn will also prepare you for many other graduate jobs. With your Law degree, you'll be ready to move into roles in insurance and banking, and into managerial positions across many other industries.
5 reasons to study Law at Portsmouth
- All our Law degrees are accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority as Qualifying Law Degrees.
- Our Law facilities include a mock law court which is a replica of a crown court, complete with dock, witness box, jury room and interview room.
- Join our student Law Society and take part in social, charitable and career-related activities.
- You can get work experience in our Legal Advice Clinic with supervision from qualified solicitors.
- You can do a placement year to get experience in a range of different sectors before you graduate. You'll get support in choosing and applying for placements that fit your aspirations, whether you want to work in a legal or non-legal context.
The LLB Law syllabus at the University of Portsmouth really hones in on taking the law and the practical application of it to legal problems – I think learning this skill early on in my studies set me ahead of my peers.
Our Undergraduate Law courses
Our Postgraduate Law courses
Hear from one of our Law students
"At Portsmouth, I have learnt focus, dedication and socialising skills. I have developed my referencing skills using OSCOLA for law assignments, attended networking events and participated in careers fairs. "