BSc (Hons) Music and Sound Technology, 2016
Vicky currently works at Sony Music UK as a Senior Production Manager in the video production team. After graduating in 2016, she moved quickly into working at a local events company, then to Warner Music UK as a Production Assistant in their video production team. Over time she learnt the art of music video production and was then promoted to Junior Producer.
After almost 2 years at Warner, she moved down the road to Sony, and started as the Production Manager for the team. In March, she was promoted to Senior Manager – becoming the youngest Senior Manager at Sony Music UK. Now she works alongside the Head of Department to oversee the video production team.
Career tips for music industry:
- Put yourself out there and meet everyone you can
- Go to everything you're invited to within the industry you want to work in. It's the best way to make contacts
- Learn, ask questions, watch
- Don't feel bad if you don't know how to do something, or if someone points out a mistake, you're not expected to know everything
- Don't leave your work to the last minute. If something is important, do it straight away
- Be positive, be friendly, be helpful – don't make people feel bad for asking for your help or not understanding something you've told them