Keep in touch and come back to visit the University - you’ll always be part of Portsmouth
The Alumni Association exists to keep all former students of the University of Portsmouth (and its previous incarnations) in touch with the institution for life. We host regular events throughout the year, ranging from black tie dinners to drinks receptions and tours. We can keep you in touch with your old friends by helping you organise your reunions in Portsmouth.
Whoever you are and whatever you are doing, we want to hear from you so please keep in touch.
Update your details
so we can keep you up to date with alumni news and events
Visit our blog
for the latest alumni updates
- Portsmouth LinkUP, which allows easy e-networking and e-mentoring with alumni across the world
- The Alumni Scholarship offers a 20 per cent course fee reduction on selected postgraduate courses
- Discounted rate at University of Portsmouth sports facilities
- Events and networking opportunities
- Support with organising your own reunions
- Regular e-newsletters and an annual magazine
- Access to our careers service up to five years after your graduation
- Free external library membership for the first year following graduation
- Discounts across many stores and services with NUS Graduate Extra card, which can be purchased for a small fee*. Apply for your NUS Graduate Extra card.
- Business start-up mentoring and events for up to five years after graduation
- Discounted rate on printing services
- 10% discount on accommodation in Rees Hall, June - Sept**
*Please be aware some NUS restrictions do apply
**Subject to availability. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for some memorabilia for yourself or a gift for a fellow alumnus then you can purchase branded merchandise from our online store.
We love to welcome alumni back to the University to inspire the next generation and get involved in University-wide activities. There are a number of ways for you to get involved, whether it’s returning to the University to talk to current and prospective students or by signing up to our e-networking and e-mentoring platform, Portsmouth LinkUP:
There are plenty of volunteering roles to get involved with at the University including Open Days and industry talks, giving you the opportunity to learn new skills, network, help a current student and more.
We've now launched the University of Portsmouth's new alumni platform, Portsmouth LinkUP, which allows you to e-mentor, e-network and connect with alumni across the world working in a number of different industries.
Events, News & Reunions
We regularly hold alumni events throughout the year and collaborate with event organisers in the city to offer alumni discounted rates at popular events. Read on to see current events and news stories. You can also read about past events on the alumni blog.
Alumni are welcome at other University events:
Many alumni still keep in touch with each other and regularly hold reunions, both in Portsmouth and other locations around the globe. We love to hear about your reunions so please do send us images and a write-up so we can feature it on our alumni blog.
Please contact the Alumni Association at email@example.com if we can be of any assistance in helping to plan your next reunion. We can help in the following ways:
- tracking down former classmates to send them information on your behalf
- arranging for relevant academics to attend where possible
- booking University venues
- arranging University catering
- offering discounted University accommodation (available June – September)*
- helping to publicise your event on our website and e-newsletters
- organising tours of the campus
*University accommodation is offered in Rees Halls between June and September, subject to availability. Please contact the Conferences and Lettings Team on 023 9284 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alumni receive 10% discount on accommodation rates.
Certificates & Transcripts
Replacing your degree certificate
Replacement certificates are obtainable from the University should your original certificate be lost or damaged. The cost of a replacement certificate is £35.00 which includes VAT, postage and packing. The certificates are printed on high quality watermarked parchment and are signed by the Vice-Chancellor. Replacement certificates can be obtained from the Student Results Service in Academic Registry.
Replacement transcripts are obtainable from the University should your original become lost or damaged. Please do not use this service if you have just completed your degree as you will receive a transcript free after you graduate. A full transcript of your degree course (sometimes needed for job applications) is available. The cost is £35.00 for one transcript and £10.00 for each further transcript of the same award ordered at the same time to a maximum of five. This charge is inclusive of VAT and postage and packing.
Welcome to the 2016/17 edition of the interactive alumni magazine UPdate.
Packed with alumni stories including astronaut Tim Peake’s journey to space and an interview with paralympian Lauren Steadman before she competed in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Check out the latest campus developments, alumni events and benefits available to you.