Explore the emergence and future of organisational psychology in sport
Episode 1: Understanding the Organisation around the Athlete with Dr Chris Wagstaff
With growing emphasis and attention on sporting organisations, Dr Dan Brown interviews Dr Chris Wagstaff, Chartered Psychologist and one of our Course Leaders, about the emergence of organisational psychology in sport, and where he thinks the field is going next.
Chris is our Course Leader on the BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Psychology, MSc Sport and Exercise Psychology, and Professional Doctorate in Sport and Exercise Psychology.
Key research covered in this episode:
- Woodman and Hardy’s paper on the demands associated with a sport organisation
- Graham Jones’ reflections as an applied practitioner in sport and business
- Fletcher and Wagstaff’s six lines of inquiry
- Larner and Wagstaff’s four areas of organisational psychology in sport
- Don’t bring a knife to a gunfight – Larsen’s experience of applying sport psychology
- APA Div 47’s white paper on sport psychology as a branch of performance psychology