Mr Dario Pedrabissi
I am a practicing architect, researcher and educator, working in the fields of architecture, interiors, public spaces, and installations. I joined the Portsmouth School of Architecture in 2017, where I teach design studios with a specific focus on the contemporary housing condition in high-density urban configurations.
Prior, I was Assistant Professor at Korea Tech (South Korea) for six years. As a practitioner, I worked for several local firms in Italy for five years and was involved in public and private projects of different scales – both in design and construction. In 2014, I founded PEDRABISSI STUDIO in South Korea, a young design practice which operates to expand the disciplinary boundary of architecture into the fields of visual arts, material exploration and historical research. The studio’s interest lies in diverse fields ranging from architectural design to urban research and the creation of public artworks.
I received my BSc in architecture from Florence University in Italy and my MSc in architecture and urbanism from the Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
My areas of expertise relate to the theory and practice of contemporary architectural design. The architectural composition and the study of the domestic space are the main focus of my research interests, specifically, where the public nature of architecture is investigated in regards to urban life in high-density urban configurations. Other areas of expertise involve the study of the interior design, public art installations, spatial design, innovation and technology, and digital technology. The study of the urban morphology and building typology – with a concentration on European and East Asian case studies – complete the spectrum of my competencies.
- Module Coordinator, Design Studio, BA2 Interior Architecture & Design
- Module Coordinator, Technology & Materials, BA2 Interior Architecture & Design
- Tutor, MArch, History & Theory of Architecture
- Tutor, BA3, Dissertation
- Contributor, BA1 and BA2 History and Theory of Architecture
- Contributor, MArch
LEADERSHIP / MANAGEMENT
- Course Leader for the CIHE Hong Kong: BA Interior Architecture & Design, UoP Joint Top-Up Degree Programme
- Year Coordinator, BA Interior Architecture & Design, Year 2 (IAD2)
- Associate member the Research Group: Computational and Analogue theory and practices in Architecture: Intersections.
- Associate Researcher of the Cluster for Sustainable Cities
- Associate of the Media Hub, the first opens media lab of the school of architecture.