Research and Innovation
Our researchers tackle some of the planet's urgent challenges. We want to help shape the future and know it takes more than words to make a difference. That's exactly what our research aims to do.
Whatever the research project, our approach is always collaborative. We work across our research themes, departments and disciplines, and with local and global partners in education and industry.
It's our belief in knowledge-sharing that makes our work exceptional. It's what keeps our research relevant, and why we're home to the next generation of world-leading innovators.
You can download our Research and Innovation Strategy to discover how we're delivering new opportunities through our globally significant research excellence.
Whether you're thinking of joining our research community or you're simply curious about the impact of our research, explore our themes, success stories, research centres, institutes, groups and networks below.
Research themes and features
We’re busy redesigning our website and this section is still a work-in-progress – but you can still find all the relevant, up-to-date details about our research using the links below.
Academics and research impact
Research centres and institutes
- Institute of Industrial Research
- Centre for European and International Studies Research
- Centre for Studies in Literature
- Centre for Applied Geosciences
- Centre for Comparative and Evolutionary Psychology
- Centre for Research in Forensic Psychology
- Centre for Situated Action and Communication
- Centre for Healthcare Modelling and Informatics
- Centre for Operational Research and Logistics
- Centre for Applied Research and Innovation in Language Sciences and Education
- Zeiss Global Centre