Working with schools and colleges
Schools and colleges
We can show your students the exciting opportunities that higher education offers and support you to guide them through the important decisions they need to make about their futures.
Our recruitment and outreach team works with pupils of all ages throughout the UK. We work with Key Stage 5 students nationally to support them with their university decisions and UCAS applications. Locally, across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, we work with Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils in selected schools to raise aspirations and encourage progression to Higher Education.
From bespoke training to conferences and events, we can help your teachers to support students to reach their potential.
Our presentations, workshops and events are the ideal way to support your students as they start thinking about higher education and training.
Supporting your students
Whether your students are studying GCSEs, A-levels, BTECs or a technical qualification, we can help you lift their goals and improve awareness of higher education.
Events and workshops can take place here on campus or be delivered directly to pupils in the comfort of their classroom.
Whether students are the first in their family to consider university study or are already familiar with higher education, we can help you to ensure they:
- are aware of the wide range of subject areas they can study
- understand what post-18 options are available to them, including full-time undergraduate study
- aren't intimidated by tuition and accommodation costs, and are familiar with student finance processes.
- understand what impact higher education and university study can have on their future careers
- are aware of what academic and pastoral support will be available to them throughout their university course
- get an insight into the life of a university student
- understand how their GCSE and post-16 choices relate to future higher education study
Our programme of events includes campus visits, subject specific events, workshops in the classroom and researcher seminars. Our activities can be adapted to support your regular curriculum.
University study and higher education is an ever-changing area – processes, study-modes and admissions criteria are in constant flux. To help you keep up to date with the latest from the sector, we run regular events specifically for teachers and other student-facing members of staff.
We can help prepare you to advise on:
- higher education options
- student finance
- accommodation and student life
- entry criteria and personal statement writing
- UCAS applications
- Clearing and Adjustment