I am a Senior Teaching Fellow in the Faculty of Business and Law.
My main teaching activity is in the area of Banking and Finance. My interests span over macroeconomics, and the economics of defence and security, charitable organisations, aerospace and maritime sectors.
I have had a long career in the Italian Navy (as a pilot and as a ship Captain) before moving into managerial positions within the Aviation and Marine Industry, the Technology sector and then into Academia and Charitable Organisations.
I hold a MSc in Finance, MSc and BSc in Maritime Sciences; I graduated from the Italian Naval Academy, the Brasilian Naval War College, the Italian Armed Forces War College and the Italian Society of International Organisation.
My interests span over four different streams, around the economics of:
- growth, and how to develop and deploy appropriate and effective monetary, fiscal and economic policies;
- war, defence and security, and their representations and understanding through the use of economic models and theories;
- charitable organisations;
- aerospace and maritime industries.
I teach several undergraduate modules in the BSc programmes in Economics, Business Economics and Economics, Banking and Finance, and in the BA Economics and Management:
- Issues in Finance and Banking (L4)
- Mathematics for Economists (L4)
- Economics of Money, Banking and Financial Markets (L5 - Module coordinator)
- International Banking and Financial Instruments (L6 - Module coordinator)
I am the Senior Tutor for the Subject Group Economics and Finance, the Level 4 Year Tutor and a dissertation supervisor at undergraduate (L6) and postgraduate (L7) level.