Jacqueline is a social psychologist whose expertise lies at the intersection between education and healthcare interventions for the psychosocial wellbeing of youth in socially excluded communities. She is a chartered member of the British Psychological Society and a senior fellow of the Higher Education Academy, with a PhD and MSc in Social Psychology from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
Jacqueline joined the University of Portsmouth in 2017, having held previous research and teaching appointments at Bournemouth University, LSE and Middlesex University, including the projects ‘Communicating bottom-up social development’, ‘Underground Sociabilities’ and ‘Making Connections’. She has recently completed the ESRC-funded project titled ‘Resilience and porosity of city borders: A psychosocial investigation in three Brazilian cities’ (Co-I; PI Prof Sandra Jovchelovitch). Her research portfolio also includes ‘AURAL: Assessing Undergraduate Research Assistants’ Learning through participatory methods’ and ‘Students who bounce back: A research project with student carers’ (PI, Bournemouth University).
Having worked in a number of research projects with communities in Latin America, India and the UK, Jacqueline has a keen interest in the use of participatory and creative methodologies for the study of psychosocial issues. She is also interested in systematic review methods and approaches to the systematisation of multi-country qualitative datasets.
Jacqueline welcomes student supervision, research collaborations and consultancy on the following topics:
- Community development, mobilisation and participation.
- Fair access and widening participation in higher education.
- Psychosocial approaches to health and wellbeing in resource-challenged settings.
- Combined Honours with Psychology Lead
- Doing Sociological Research: Module Coordinator
- Psychology in the Community: Module Coordinator
- Creative Research Methods in Psychology: Module Coordinator
- Computer-assisted Qualitative Data Analysis: Consultant