Experienced Principal Investigator on Externally Funded Projects with Impact
I have helped the University secure over £100,000 in external grant funding principally from the UK Intellectual Property Office.
£30,000 for an IP Clinic for students and graduates entrepreneurs.
£75,000 for the Creation of a knowledge exchange campus between the universities of Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Southampton as a means of assisting regional SMEs exploit their intellectual property.
- £30,000 shortlisted bid in response to an invitation to tender for the IP Enforcement Landscape Review.
Experienced Research Supervisor
- I have supervised numerous undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations and projects in the field of intellectual property as well as supervised PhDs.
- To date I have supervised three PhD students to completion.
Publications and Conferences
- I was recently awarded the Harts Publishing Best Presentation Prize for my conference paper at the 10th Anniversary European Intellectual Property Teachers' Network Conference at the University of Lund, Sweden. My paper examined the use of social media to educate student entrepreneurs about the importance of IP to their startups.
- I have had a paper accepted for publication by the Nottingham Law Journal. This paper examines what Dutch and British universities are currently doing to embed intellectual property education in their respective curricula and whether the changing nature of their roles in society, has helped or hindered these universities in their ability to deliver intellectual property education in the form that their student communities desire.
Senior Lecturer in Intellctual Property Law
Awards and Positions of Responsibility
- Having completed my academic stage of legal training at the College of Law Guildford I joined Portsmouth Business School to lead the development of its Intellectual Property Law curriculum at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- I am member of the European Intellectual Property Teachers' Network and sit on the UK Intellectual Property Offices' Universities Working Group. I have provided extensive mentoring to student and graduate startups through my award winning IP Clinic scheme.
- I have also helped the University secure over £100,000 in external grant funding and supervised research in the field of intellectual property up to PhD level.
- In recognition of my outputs I have received an outstanding achievement award from the University Vice-Chancellor..
- I am the academic lead for the University's Intellectual Property Law programmes.
- I have also held other senior positions at the University including Course Director for the Postgraduate Law and the Non-Executive Director Training Programmes. I have also led the University Business School's widening participation efforts.