After completing my PhD at Cardiff School of Engineering, I joined Bridgend College of Technology as a Lecturer. Prior to my research studies, I have worked as a site Engineer on various infrastructure and regeneration projects. Waste Management and the Built Environment are of particular interests to me as far as research is concerned. I have keen interest in interdisciplinary research and continuing to work in this respect.
- Sustainable Construction Materials: Assessing ways to meet demand for low cost housing in low income countries. Seeking to incorporate both organic and inert waste into various construction materials such as concrete and soil building blocks. Research that extends beyond traditional laboratory experiments, employing advance materials studies and finite element analysis to evaluate the microstructural characteristic of construction materials.
- Geo-Environmental Engineering: Development and evaluation of soil remediation strategies, focused on efficient remediation of complex hydrocarbon based contaminants, utilising low cost, and environment friendly techniques.
- Waste and Resource Management: Composting, treatment of organic and catering wastes, recycling and reuse of construction and demolition wastes. Key area of interest is the development of markets for waste derived products.
- International Research Collaborations: Research projects with University of Education Winneba Ghana, University of Kuwait, Enugu State University of Science and Technology Nigerian and University of Engineering and Technology Pakistan. Strong academic contacts and networking with renowned scholars associated with the UK Universities. Interested in expanding productive high impact research.
- Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Materials
- Environmental Engineering
- Waste Management
- Laboratory and Field Studies