Ms Rebecca Nicolaides
I am the Associate Head of Students, for the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance. Following my appointment as a full-time Lecturer at the University of Portsmouth in 2018, I became a Senior Lecturer for the Accounting and Financial Management subject group in 2019. Prior to this, I undertook a PhD bursary at the University of Portsmouth, for my thesis entitled: ‘Identifying signs of corporate distress and deception through language: Evidence from the UK’. I graduated from Oxford Brookes University in 2013, following the completion of my BSc (Hons) degree in Accounting and Finance, before completing my MSc Forensic Accounting degree at the University of Portsmouth in 2014. My main research interests relate to the areas of Forensic Accounting, Counter Fraud, Linguistic Analysis, Deception Detection, Emotion and Motivation, Digital Learning and Sustainability.
I have taught across several undergraduate modules for the BA (Hons) programmes in Accounting with Finance and Financial Management, and have experience supervising PhD, Postgraduate and Undergraduate dissertations.
Some of the modules that I have worked on, include:
- Module Co-ordinator Critical Issues in Accounting and Finance Level 5
- Module Co-ordinator My Skills Level 4
- Module Co-ordinator My Professional Skills Level 5
- Module Co-ordinator My Professional Skills Level 6
- Level 5 Year Tutor for BA (Hons) Accounting with Finance
- Essentials of Financial Accounting Level 4
- Corporate Governance, Ethics and Financial Crime Level 5
- Dissertation Supervisor Level 6
- MSc Forensic Accounting Dissertation Supervisor Level 7
- PhD 3rd Supervisor