Susana Sampaio-Dias is a Senior Lecturer in Journalism at the University of Portsmouth. She holds a PhD from Cardiff University’s School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies, where she also contributed to teaching and worked as a researcher. Her first monograph Reporting Human Rights was published by Peter Lang in 2016. Susana worked as a journalist and news producer for RTP Rádio e Televisão de Portugal, the Portuguese public service broadcaster. She has a Postgraduate Diploma in International Human Rights Law, and in Communication Law and Copyright, both from University of Coimbra (Portugal). Before that, she completed an MA in Journalism Studies and a BA in Journalism from the University of Coimbra.
- Human Rights and Journalism
- Press freedom and security of journalists
- News production and ethnography
- International Human Rights Law and Responsibility to Protect
- Journalism in Lusophone Africa
- Social media and digital news
- Environment and community