I'm a Chair in Machine Learning and Robotics at the University of Portsmouth, Director of Healthcare and Wearable Robotics Research, and Chair of IEEE SMC Portsmouth Chapter. I received a BSc in automatic control and MSc in Intelligent Robotics both from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, and the Ph.D. degree in intelligent robotics at the University of Portsmouth, UK. I held research appointments previously in the Department of Computer Science, University College London (UCL) before joining the University of Portsmouth.
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Multimodal Human Motion Analysis
- Humanoid Robot Motion Learning and Planning
- Intelligent Human-Robot/Computer Interaction
- Healthcare and Wearable Robotics
I've been continuously supported by external funds such as Overseas Research Student Awards, EPSRC, HEIF4, JSPS, European FP7, European Interreg, European Horizon, Industry projects, and international funding bodies.
I'm an Associate Editor in
- IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems
- International Journal of Fuzzy Systems
- Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems
- PeerJ Computer Science
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
JSPS Fellow, IEEE Senior Member, IET member.
More on my personal website.