Clearing Visit Day Guide
We can't wait to meet you at one of our Clearing Visit Days on Saturday 20 August and Monday 22 August 2022.
As well as learning more about how to apply through Clearing and seeing the University, you can find out about what it's like to be a student here and talk to our course teams and support services.
Here's a rundown of everything you can do on the day and there's also information on how to get here. You can check in anytime from 10.00am.
On the day
Before you arrive
- Think about the questions you want to ask. There's nothing wrong with coming with a list.
- Check the weather forecast so you can dress appropriately come rain or shine – you're likely to spend a few minutes outside getting between venues on our city campus.
- Don't forget to charge your phone so you can take snaps of anything you want to refer back to when you get home.
Check-in is located in Richmond Building (Portsmouth Business School) on Portland Street. You can check in anytime between 10.00am and 2.00pm.
When you check in, we give you everything you need to enjoy your visit, including a programme for the day and a map of our city campus.
Student information fair
Want to know more about where to live or how we can support you during your studies? Got questions about student finance? Interested in our sports clubs or facilities?
You can chat to our Student Support Services and course teams on a 1:1 basis at our Information Fair. It takes place from 10.00am - 3.00pm on the Ground Floor Atrium of Richmond Building.
You'll be able to speak to:
- Student Housing
- Residential Life Team (24 hour support in halls and private accommodation)
- Student Finance
- Student Wellbeing Service
- ASDAC (Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre)
- Sport & Recreation Department
Representatives from each Faculty will be here to answer any course related questions.
Not sure which Faculty to talk to? Let us know which course you're interested in when you check in and we'll guide you to the right place.
- Walking campus tour – explore our campus and find out what university life is like with our current students, running between 10.00 and 3.00pm
- Halls tours – view a selection of our Halls of Residence to find accommodation that suits your needs
The closest station to the University is Portsmouth Harbour. It's a 9-minute walk from Richmond Building.
Plan your train journey to Portsmouth on the National Rail website.
Park and ride
Portsmouth has a handy park and ride service to save you the hassle of finding parking in the city, for only £4 per day per vehicle. The car park is at the entrance to the city on the M275.
Payment will be taken on the park and ride bus with cash or contactless bank card.
The park and ride bus service runs every 12 minutes and the best place to get off is The Hard Interchange. Please allow about 30 minutes to get to us from the park and ride car park.
University car park - Milldam
On Saturday 20 August only Clearing Visit Day visitors can park for free in Milldam car park (PO1 3RF) so please ignore any payment machines .This car park tends to fill-up quickly on visit days.
City centre parking
To get to car parking closest to the University, use the M27 (from the west) or A3(M)/A27 (from the east) and take the M275 into Portsmouth (signed 'Portsmouth West'). Ignore the M27/A27 junctions signed to Southsea and Hilsea.
On-street, pay-and-display parking is available close to campus and to the check-in venue. There are also public car parks throughout the City. There's more information about city centre car parking on the Portsmouth City Council website.
Further travel information
There's more travel information on our maps and directions page.
Overnight hotel offer
As a visit day guest, you can get 20% off an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Portsmouth, Pembroke Road. This is a modern hotel with a restaurant, close to the University, city-centre shops, and historic landmarks.
You must use this discount link to receive the discount on your booking.