An academic has been recognised at the highest level for her excellence in learning and teaching by being appointed a Principal Fellow by Advance HE (HEA).
Lynne Mesher, Associate Dean (Academic) in the Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries and Principal Lecturer in the School of Architecture, was recognised for her work in:
- assessment for learning practices embedded at School and University level
- building external partnerships with local FE Colleges
- embedding ‘live’ community engagement projects into the School of Architecture’s BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design course enabling students to work with the local community.
- managing institutional change at Faculty level through the curriculum framework project.
Principal Fellows at the University of Portsmouth
There are currently 8 Principal Fellows at the University including:
- Sherria Hoskins, Executive Dean of the Faculty of Science and Health
- Harriet Dunbar-Morris, Dean of Learning and Teaching and Reader in Higher Education
- Jane Creaton, Associate Dean (Academic) of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and Reader in Higher Education
- Catherine Caroll-Meehan, Head of the School of Education and Sociology
- Catherine McNamara, Head of the School of Art Design and Performance
- Valerie Anderson, Reader in Human Resources Development in the Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management Department
- Mick Harper, Reader in Innovative Teaching and Learning at the School of Health and Care Professions
The University's Principal Fellow Network provides support and mentoring to both existing and aspiring Principal Fellows.