Fellowship opportunities at Portsmouth
Take the steps to further your career
We would be delighted to welcome excellent researchers to undertake fellowships with us.
Fellowships give you the step-change opportunity to undertake an individual project alongside activities to develop your career.
If you are considering a fellowship as your next career move here are some steps to take:
1) Find a fellowship opportunity that is right for you
Fellowships come in all shapes and sizes and are often aimed at specific career stages and prioritise different activities. You will need to find organisations that fund research in your discipline and check out the opportunities on offer. Details of some of the more common fellowship opportunities can be accessed here:
- UK Research and Innovation Future Leader Fellowship (any discipline)
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (any discipline, moving to the UK from overseas)
- British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship (for the humanities and social sciences)
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship (for the natural sciences)
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Research Fellowship (for sciences and engineering)
- Wellcome Early-Career Awards (for any discipline contributing to human life, health and wellbeing)
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship (for most disciplines)
The UK Research Councils also have other fellowship opportunities that can be found on their Funding Finder.
2) Identify the research area that you align with
Then make contact with someone from that area who you feel could be your supervisor or mentor (as appropriate) for the fellowship opportunity you wish to apply for.
3) Complete your application
Work with your internal contact and our professional support colleagues to complete your application.
If you have any questions on pursuing fellowship opportunities at Portsmouth, please contact us by email at email@example.com.