Conscious Sedation Update Short course
Conscious Sedation Update
This course is for dental practitioners, dental nurses and dental therapists/hygienists who want to update their skills and stay on top of current standards in conscious sedation.
You'll get a core level of knowledge based on the syllabus in the current IACSD Standards (2015). You'll cover mainstream techniques in detail, including intravenous midazlolam, and inhalation sedation using nitrous oxide/oxygen.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: , ( - )
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates:
- Dentists: £380.00 DHDT
- Dental Nurses: £190.00
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- the principles of safe and effective conscious sedation
- patient assessment and treatment planning
- the administration of conscious sedation, monitoring, recovery and discharge
- the management of sedation-related complications
- Development Outcomes: A, B, C, D
You'll be taught by:
- David Craig, a Consultant and Head of Sedation and Special Care Dentistry at King’s College London Dental Institute (KCLDI), and Course Director for the Society for the Advancement of Anaesthesia in Dentistry (SAAD)
- Carole Boyle, a Consultant in Special Care Dentistry in the Department of Sedation and Special Care Dentistry at Kings College London Dental Institute
- Jennifer Hare, a Health Psychologist who works within the Dental Health Psychology Service in Sedation and Special Care Dentistry at Guy's and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust
There are no entry requirements for this course.