I joined the University of Portsmouth Business School (PBS) as a Senior Lecturer in Accounting and
Financial Management in March 2017. Previously, I worked at UEL and Beni-Suef University, Egypt. I
completed my PhD in Accountancy at the University of Aberdeen, MSc and B.com in Accounting at Beni-
Suef University, Egypt. I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
My primary teaching areas are in financial accounting. In addition, I have taught in the areas of
management accounting and financial management. Currently, I am involved in teaching the following
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Financial Reporting
My current research centres on Financial Reporting and includes:
- Accounting Regulation (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Segmental reporting
- Capital Market Consequences and Management Reporting Choices
- Environmental Social and Corporate Governance (ESG)
- Earnings management.
- Capital Adequacy and Banking Regulations.
- Institutional Factors and Cross Country Differences.
- Country by Country Reporting
View my research outputs here