I arrived in the UK in 2001 with BEng Electronics and Telecommunications from India and graduated with a Masters of Science in Communication Systems and Signal Processing from the University of Bristol in 2003.
I then joined the University of Portsmouth in 2003 and worked on modelling of indoor propagation channels suited for ultra-wideband communication systems and lecturing mobile communication systems.
I was immediately drawn to understanding how students learn and started exploring traditional and innovative teaching and learning pedagogies.
The interest paid back soon, as in 2009 I was awarded a national teaching award by the erstwhile Engineering Subject Centre for development and use of Examopedia, an exam revision site I made that benefitted many exam stressed students irrespective of their background. In 2011, I graduated with a Masters of Arts from the Open University in Online and Distance Education. Since then, I have won neumerous teaching awards and funding to pursue my interest in this area that keeps me motivated.
I havebeen on secondment to the erstwhile ExPERT centre, contributed to university committees and faculty roles closely linked to technology enhanced learning and engineering education.
In 2021, I complete my PhD thesis also in the area of Technology Enhanced Engineering Education. In particular I focussed on how to support autistic, ADHD and neuro-typical students in Project based and other engineering education activities using a system I build that orchestrated student interactions.
I am currently serving as the Associate Head of student experience, which closely aligns with my passion for support and developing competencies in my colleagues in relation to the use of Technology in engineering education.
My current research areas include:
- Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis (Engineering Education and Technology Enhanced Learning)
- Supporting students with learning disablity (Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia...) in higher education including Neuro-diverse students.
- Computer and human orchestrated teamworking and role of trust, conflict and regulation skills.
- Problem and Project Based Learning.
- Support under represented students in higher education.
- Use of AI and learning analytics to predict and support student outcomes.