I am a Registered Nurse (Adult) with a PhD in Health Sciences from the University of Southampton. I have nearly 10 years exprience in nursing, which combines clinical practice in acute and community settings and academia.
I joined the School of Health and Care Professions at the University of Portsmouth in September 2020, where I have been teaching, assessing and supervising Health Sciences undergraduate and postgraduate students. My main areas of expertise include evidence-based practice, qualitative healthcare research, palliative and respiratory care.
I currently lead Year 1 (level 4) of the BN (Hons) Adult and Mental Health Nursing Programmes.
I have research interests and/or experience on the following ares:
- Long-term conditions, especially COPD and Motor Neurone Disease;
- Palliative and end of life care;
- Health literacy and literature;
- Patient perpectives and experiences on the use of healthcare-related technologies.
I teach a wide range of topics to undergraduate and postgraduate students on different programmes at the School of Health and Care Professions. Some of these topics include healthcare-related research methodologies, evidence-based practice, long-term conditions, public health and respiratory and palliative care.
I current lead or co-ordinate the following modules:
- M30180 - Complexities of Nursing (Level 6 - BN (Hons) Adult Nursing)
- M31041 - Nursing Tutorials (Level 4 - BN (Hons) Adult and Mental Health Nursing programmes)
- Interprofessional Tutorials (Level 4 - for all courses at the School of Health and Care Professions)